East Region Market Manager
Suiteness, a fast-paced and fun hospitality startup headquartered in Oakland, Calif., is looking to expand its partnerships team with a market manager to foster growth in New York and Chicago. This is an immediate-start full-time position with benefits. The role will work remotely with a home base either in New York or Chicago highly preferred with travel across the eastern market region.
More about Suiteness
Suiteness is an online travel destination that specializes in connecting hotel suites that accommodate 4-10 travelers and provides 24/7 trip planning help. Our partnerships team is focused on helping hotel partners sell suites and multi-room inventory by growing relationships with our existing well-known hotel chain partners as well as initiating new ones. We’ve already seen what strong relationships can do for us in Las Vegas, New York and Florida, so we are now looking to add to our partnerships team by hiring a market manager initially focused on the New York and Chicago markets.
Suiteness is a small but mighty team of thinkers and doers, which means we’re looking for a candidate who isn’t afraid to roll up his or her sleeves to do the heavy lifting (aka identifying potential partners, working with existing ones and brainstorming creative ways to demonstrate partnership benefits) while also collaborating well with others.
More about You & the Role
You are a positive self-starter who enjoys collaborating with others, solving problems AND developing relationships to drive growth. You have a proven track record of working effectively and transparently as well as using data to tell stories that make business impact. . With Reporting to the Head of Market Strategy, the market manager will be tasked with driving Suiteness’ growth in New York and Chicago with the potential for additional markets on the East Coast. There is significant career growth potential in this role - as the company continues to grow and based on individual performance, there will be opportunity to increase the scope of the role and add more market responsibility throughout the East region.
- Signing up new high potential hotels to the Suiteness platform.
- Increasing multi-room room inventory available on suiteness.com.
- Developing collaborative long-term relationships with hotels.
- Working with hotel partners to design and roll out new promotions and product offerings.
- Setting up an account management process with timely results review and data sharing.
- Knowing and learning the Chicago and New York markets, so Suiteness is first to act on opportunities.
- Being the hotels’ first point of contact, and coordinating across multiple internal functions to address issues timely and improve our product offering based on hotel feedback.
- Establishing and tracking key metrics to monitor market performance against goals.
Specific skills and achievements that are required for this role include:
- An undergraduate degree from a top school.
- 3-5 years experience in the hospitality industry either with a hotel or online distribution background.
- Extensive knowledge of the New York and Chicago travel markets.
- Industry contacts in New York or Chicago are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - this role with be the go-to-person for hotels for the New York and Chicago markets.
- Highly analytical, using data to inform and make decisions.
- Versatile and flexible, with ability to wear different hats to help the wider team.
- Exposure to and ability to quickly become proficient in online productivity tools (e.g. Basecamp, Gmail, Google Drive, CRM systems, etc.)
- Ability to quickly adapt to constant changes in a startup environment
More about Suiteneness, Our Values and Benefits
Suiteness is a free to join travel destination founded in 2016 with a simple goal: let anyone book unoccupied connecting hotel suites they never knew existed, online. Plus, our 24/7 concierge team can help plan your trip at no additional cost. We raised our funding from great investors like Y Combinator, Structure Capital, Global Founders Capital, and Bullpen Capital, and value the following ideals:
- Open and honest communication - Everything we do is in the open, every day we all meet and talk about what we are working on and how we are performing.
- Work life balance - We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent - Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble craftspeople - We want to be the best at what we do, our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.
- Competitive pay: The compensation package will include a competitive base salary, cash incentives based on results, and equity in the company
- Great health insurance coverage, which extends to family members, with several options to choose what’s right for you
- Two company-wide offsites per year in great destinations with amazing team-building activities