Paid Media Strategist
Suiteness, a fast-paced and fun hospitality startup headquartered in Oakland, Calif., is looking for a paid media strategist. Who we are: an online travel destination that specializes in connecting hotel suites that accommodate 4-10 travelers and provides 24/7 trip planning help. Who you are: a self-starter who enjoys collaborating with others, solving problems AND telling stories through data, rapidly testing marketing hypotheses, and identifying the right marketing platforms to drive brand growth. This is an immediate-start full-time position with benefits.
More about the role:
Working directly with the VP of marketing, the Suiteness paid media strategist will help ensure company growth with the proper mix of SEM and media buys, primarily in the digital and social space. You will help us implement campaigns and media buys, accelerate growth while maximizing our ad spend, expand our keywords, determine the right media partnerships and always be on the lookout for innovative ways to break through the clutter. Suiteness is a small but mighty team of thinkers and doers, which means we’re looking for a candidate who isn’t afraid to roll up his or her sleeves to do the heavy lifting (aka buying) while also collaborating well with others.
- Work with the VP of marketing to:
- Develop robust paid media plan
- Determine SEM and paid marketing spend and optimize our spend on an ongoing basis
- Set and achieve brand marketing goals
- Identify new channels to invest in
- Make our Adwords account rep sweat
- Think about the next 10 things Adwords is doing and how we win before anyone else
- Recommend paid marketing experiments on an ongoing basis
- Surface cultural and technology trends that impact how the target audience consumes media
- Negotiate and maintain relationships with vendors and sales representatives
- Facilitate campaign processes from brief to launch
- Optimize existing Suiteness markets and expand into new ones as determined by the data and product teams
- Leverage consumer data to:
- Reach more people
- Acquire new customers
- Optimize existing channels and campaigns
- A/B test various creative copy
- Highly proficient media professional with comprehensive background in all (or most) media disciplines, including: paid search/SEM, digital, social, programmatic, video, native, podcasts, radio, TV, print, cinema, outdoor, mobile, non-traditional, experiential
- Experience researching/planning/tracking/buying media across all major traditional and digital programs and platforms, including Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ads, proprietary tools and more
- Excel master with a mathematical mind who loves making brands money
- Knowledge of the travel industry and verticals
- Passion for consumer brand storytelling across a diverse mix of media
- Ability to see the big picture to develop strategic plans that engage and entice target consumers across key touchpoints effectively and efficiently
- Exposure to and ability to quickly become proficient in online productivity tools (e.g. Slack, Gmail, Google Drive, Basecamp, CRM systems, etc.)
- Top-notch organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to balance accuracy and precision with efficiency and timeliness
- Ability to quickly adapt to constant changes in a startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unlimited PTO
- Excellent benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401K
- Twice-yearly company off-sites at exciting and fun locations
- Laptop with webcam
More About Suiteness:
Suiteness is free to join travel destination founded in 2014 with a simple goal: let anyone book unoccupied connecting hotel suites they never knew existed, online. Plus, our 24/7 concierge team can help plan your trip at no additional cost. We raised our funding from great investors like YC, Structure Capita, GFC, and Bullpen Capital, and value the following ideals:
- Open and honest communication - Everything we do is in the open, every day we all meet and talk about what we are working on and how we are performing.
- Work life balance - We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent - Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble craftspeople - We want to be the best at what we do, our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.