Suiteness is looking for an experienced Accountant to optimize and own all work related to accounting such as financial operations (including A/P and A/R), tax accounting and building our systems from the ground up. Our ideal candidate is someone who is a self starter, who enjoys working in fluid environments with ever changing variables. A deep understanding of accounting, billing solutions, budgeting, and working capital heavy businesses. Someone who thrives on data, numbers, yet has a passion for solving complex problems while building efficient systems to help a business scale. This position reports directly to the CEO and is based in the Bay Area.
- Implement and manage in house accounting system (currently external)
- Run an efficient and accurate monthly financial close and budgeting
- Create and manage efficient billing, invoicing, and collections processes
- Oversee and improve all aspects of the day-to-day accounting and quote-to-cash cycle
- Oversee and improve all aspects of the collection and pay cycle to optimize for working capital
- Work with CEO on forecasting and financial planning
- Manage and ensure compliance with revenue recognition rules
- Evaluate current processes and systems to identify areas for improvement
- Build relationships and work closely with other teams
- 2-4 years of accounting experience at a Big 4 accounting firm and/or technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or highly quantitative field, CPA (preferred but not required)
- Hands-on financial reporting experience at a B2C and B2B business
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish relationships and work with teams across the entire company
- Able to assess multiple technologies/systems to find the optimal solution to manage/scale
Bonus Points For
- Being extremely comfortable with a fluid environment: Self Starter
- Building something from the ground up
About Our Hiring Process
We'll review your application to see that it meets our experience requirements. If we're interested, we'll schedule a phone interview or let you know that we're going to pass. After the phone interview, you will be giving an accounting/finance case study.
A successful candidate at this level will have interviews with the founders. At every step, we'll endeavor to be respectful of your time and life circumstances... let us know what we can do to make our process work for you.
Suiteness opens up hotel suites that were previously un-bookable online. We are located in Oakland California with team members around the world. We started in 2013, we've raised our funding from great investors like Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, and Bullpen Capital. We are on a great growth curve and are cash flow positive.
Suiteness is endeavoring to build a diverse and inclusive team. We want to work with the best, regardless of race, age, gender identity, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or physical appearance. We believe a varied set of backgrounds and experiences makes us stronger together.
Our Core Values
- Open and honest communication - Everything we do is in the open, because we are a small team we all help each other.
- Work life balance - We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent - Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble craftspeople - We want to be the best at what we do, our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.