Vice President (VP) of Marketing
Suiteness has kept a low profile while we’ve been partnering with the best hotels to get access to inventory they don’t distribute elsewhere. We’ve also built the first technical platform that allows for mapping and booking “connecting room” inventory. We are fast approaching the point where we can scale exponentially.
Boring isn’t an option. Now is the time for us to make big bets and win sometimes and make mistakes others. But it’s in the apology that real relationships are made. We need a bold leader with a vision for communicating our value to customers to experiment and make things happen.
What we sell is inherently fun and makes the hotel experience more connected and social. Taking trips with your loved ones is when great memories are made. A suite gives you the shared space of a vacation rental without the hassle and risk. We’ve built the technology, the concierge team, formed the partnerships, and gathered the data and now everyone needs to know why we are better.
We need our customers relationship to the Suiteness brand to be visceral. You should craft a brand that people get excited to tell their friends about. We will know we have made it when people named their children Suiteness.
Suiteness is the only place to book luxury hotel suites online. We are a start-up located in Oakland California with 25 team members around the world. Since starting in 2012, we've raised our funding from great investors like Y Combinator, Structure Capital, Bullpen Capital, and the Global Founders Fund. We are on a great growth curve and are approaching profitability.
Suiteness is endeavoring to build a diverse and inclusive team. We want to work with the best, regardless of race, age, gender identity, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or physical appearance. We believe a varied set of backgrounds and experiences makes us stronger together.
Our Core Values
- Open and honest communication – Everything we do is in the open, because we are a small team we all help each other.
- Work life balance – We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent – Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble craftspeople – We want to be the best at what we do, our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.
- First and foremost you are responsible for the brand voice. When people think of Suiteness it needs to be the ideas you implanted.
- We feel one of the best ways to become known is public relations and this role will be directly responsible for all of it. This includes the hiring and management of the PR team.
- Paid marketing – We have an excellent data scientist managing our SEM in-house, this role will manage the creatives for SEM as well as set and monitor performance goals.
- Email & Social marketing – Email is one of our most effective channels and this role will manage one of our first team members who takes great care of it and social marketing – which we are just beginning to explore more.
- We have weekly team meetings where we review the previous week, discuss any open topics, and set the goals for the upcoming week. This role will set the goals as well as track their progress.
Location & Travel
Our main office is in Broadway in Oakland, California above the 12th Street Bart station. While the majority of our employees are remote, this position will likely perform best by being in the office most of the time. So we are looking for Bay Area candidates, or those looking to relocate.
We don’t anticipate much travel outside of our twice-yearly all-hands gathering. But if you decide that travel is an important part then there will be travel. The key is that we trust you to decide how all aspects of your department work.
We work with one of the top HR & Benefits firms to make sure our medical, dental, and vision are on par with the biggest tech firms in the bay. We cover 100% of the payments for employees and all of their dependants.
Because we are a travel company we want to encourage travel as much as possible so we have a 2 week minimum vacation policy with a flexible max, and we take the last week of the year off.