Our Content Specialists have a singular focus on efficiently editing our website’s product descriptions to enhance our inventory profiles, boost SEO, and help expand our platform. This role of helping to expand the number of live hotels on our site in the form of content editing is pivotal for Suiteness. The Content Specialist will work directly with the Content Team Lead and will liaise with others on the Data Team and in our company. As part of the Content Team within the broader Data Team, the ideal Content Specialist has a passion for not only the written word, but also the accuracy and integrity of their work best representing the product information. This is an immediate-start, full-time position with benefits. Suiteness is a remote-first company headquartered in Oakland, CA so this is a remote position.
Suiteness hires freelance content writers to create unique descriptions for each destination, hotel, and suite listed on our website. Your job is to meticulously edit large volumes of these descriptions daily so that we can finalize hotel and suite profiles and set them live on our site for our customers. You'll be expected to expertly write high-priority descriptions as and when the need comes up.
The primary focus of the descriptions is to give a potential customer a sense of the destination, hotel, and suite. Descriptions should act like a guided tour, listing the major amenities and informing the guest why this is a great option for their stay. You’ll be tweaking and reworking these written descriptions, and giving stylistic feedback to our writers in order to ensure the descriptions are of the quality and caliber we require for our site.
Suiteness is the only place to book luxury hotel suites online. We started in 2012, we’ve raised our funding from great investors like YC, Structure Capital, and Bullpen Capital. We value the following ideals:
- Open and honest communication - Everything we do is in the open, every day we all meet and talk about what we are working on and how we are performing.
- Work life balance - We take work-life balance seriously. We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent - Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble self-starting craftspeople - We do not believe in hand-holding. We learn as we go, iterate and get better. We want to be the best at what we do. Our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.
- Travel is when we are happiest - We are in the travel industry because we love it. We get together twice every year for company-wide retreats when the whole team is treated to the same level of experience as our customers get, including staying in suites at amazing hotels.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A 4-year degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience editing content in a professional, fast-paced environment
- A passion for editing and writing, as well as the travel and hospitality industries
- An exceptional grasp on the English language and a flair for creating excellent content
- A self-starter mentality; enjoys zeroing in on the tasks at hand, which will often be upwards of 60 edits of 100-word descriptions each day
- A data-oriented approach and a deep understanding of data accuracy
- Top-notch organizational skills, high attention to detail, and accomplished editing skills
- Ability to balance accuracy and precision with efficiency and timeliness
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to roll up your sleeves, embrace change, and sometimes help with ad hoc projects that come up on the content team
- Exposure to and ability to quickly become proficient in new online productivity tools (e.g. Basecamp, Salesforce, Gmail, Google Drive, Grammarly, etc.)
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Experience working for a tech startup
- Experience working with hotels
- Time zone that works with a West Coast headquarters
Our hiring process:
We'll review your application to see that it meets our requirements. You'll then be given an editing and writing assignment to complete on your own, within the time constraints outlined in the email we’ll send to you. The objective of the assignment is to give you an idea of the type of editing you’ll be doing day-to-day on the job, as well as assess your writing ability.
Upon submission of your completed assignment, we'll reach out with feedback. Should you move onto the next round, you will then be scheduled for a video interview to further discuss your background and interest in the role.
Selected candidates will progress to second-round interviews. At every step, we'll endeavor to be respectful of your time and life circumstances, so let us know what we can do to make our process work for you.
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum time off requirement
- 100% employee coverage and 50% family coverage for health, dental and vision
- Equity in the company
- Twice-yearly company off-sites at fun locations (our last one was in Iceland!)